With 100+ physicians in 20 specialties, Collom & Carney Clinic serves the healthcare needs of more than 200,000 active patients. This "Physician Owned" group has been a staple in East Texas for the past 70 years. Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) has recognized Collom & Carney as a better performer in the "Performance and Practices of Successful Medical Groups." The clinic has received this distinction since 1998, the first year criteria was developed for this award. The clinic has always maintained a standard of professionalism and excellence, yet within a friendly working environment. All of our physicians are provided with the best resources available, including state-of-the-art equipment, superior staff support, and administrative assistance.
Starting salary is $8.25 with potential increase to $9.75 within first six months.
Summary Of Position And Responsibilities
Must have ARRT and a valid Texas State License.
Submission of an application should not be construed as an offer and does not automatically result in your being selected for the position. The goal of the Clinic continues to be to place the best qualified applicant in the position.
Collom & Carney Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Strategically manage services for specified patient population. Provide a focus on wellness, prevention, and efficient care through the coordination with patients, their families, and physicians. The education of the patient and his/her family will be incorporated into the care plan after careful assessment of the patient’s knowledge base, home life, and post-acute resources. The Case Manager will play a vital role in the clinical, financial and education of patients and will ensure these aspects are all considered simultaneously throughout the continuum of care. The Case Manager will ensure the patient receives the right services at the right level of care and will assist the patient in navigating their own care at an optimum level.
1. The ability to demonstrate knowledge and effectiveness of Case Management principles in the following health care areas; processes, relationships, management, community resources, service delivery, psychosocial interventions and all other areas of Case Management.
2. Design and develop a process of identifying patients in need of ongoing surveillance, tracking and screening for development of further complication and follow-up in partnership with the health care team.
3. Coordinates with patient, families, and health care teams to develop a mutually agreeable plan of care that meets the needs of the individual patient.
4. Research the healthcare environment for innovative concepts and best practices and develops practical applications for quality improvement.
5. Develop and maintain processed to improve transitions of care, focusing on hospital and ED discharges as well as post acute care facility usage and interactions with specialists.
6. Develop and maintain processes measuring the patient experience, clinical quality measures and utilization management that drive the cost of care.
7. Keep patients well informed by telephone and in writing of activities/case summaries.
8. Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing client and patient needs.
9. Promotes health education and provides literature to patients to enhance understanding of a condition, treatment or procedure.
10. Assist patients in addressing questions to their physician.
11. Coordinate services for the patient population having a health risk or chronic condition to include screening and on-going monitoring.
12. Utilize appropriate community health care resources to maximize patients healthcare outcomes.
13. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements.
14. Document clinical information completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Current LVN/LPN license.
2. Experience with Medicare population a strong plus.
3. Must possess a working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 codes.
4. Two – three years experience of utilization or Case Management preferred.
5. Knowledge of managed care principles regarding legal and regulatory requirements and confidentiality preferred.
6. Must have excellent communications and presentations skills.
7. Demonstrates diplomacy and professionalism when dealing with staff or patients.
8. Knowledge of primary care a plus
Must have current Texas License.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have current license.
To assist patients with all areas of eyewear needs, glasses and contact
lens in a professional and courteous manner.
patients as well as employees and physicians.
all matters relating to the clinic, the employees and the
course of action in a particular situation.
the public or personnel.
cohesiveness within the department.
procedures in optical area.
GED or High School Diploma
Must have current LPN/LVN license.
To assist the Care Coordination department in clerical duties to allow Care Coordinators more time to perform the duties of that position without obstructing the normal flow of work.
Daily rounds through clinic to gather forms
Update GPRO template
Add/Remove alert notes
Contact Patients to schedule follow up appointments
Perform necessary duties such as answering calls, typing, etc.
Update all demographic information and ensure insurance information is correct
High School graduate or equivalent
Typing skills required
Knowledge of computers required
Ability to work in Excel
Knowledge of Anatomy
Insurance skills helpful but not a necessity
To make a professional, courteous impression on patients by registering, aiding and assisting with any problems involved in the registration process. The coordination and supervision of business office activities in the areas of reception and registration, cashier and collection functions, and the indirect supervision of nursing and laboratory personnel assigned to the Prescott location.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of computers and varying type of software.
3. Medical office experience extremely desirable.
4. An understanding of general office procedures.
Following up on BCBS claims status and denials. Researching to have claims processed in a timely manner.
Two years experience with physician billing a plus. Knowledge of medical terminology , ICD-10 and CPT coding. Must be a team player and posses great customer service skills.